Skip to main content

You can't live a 1.5 degree lifestyle and get on a plane

One little trip can blow you right out of the water.

from Latest Items from TreeHugger https://ift.tt/2HWRYEr https://ift.tt/2SZDES4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to tar paper your roof

Tar paper is made from paper pulp or cardboard impregnated by tar. It is widely used globally as an excellent water proofing agent for rooftops. More popularly known as roofing felt paper, it is usually applied on a roof before shingling it. This prevents The post How to tar paper your roof appeared first on Ecofriend . from Ecofriend https://ift.tt/2L48Qvy https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

How I Collected 1,000 Cigarette Butts

I never smoked. I guess it’s because of the smell, the sickly scent that lingers on your clothes and hair long after you’re done with a cigarette. Last week, I had the doubtful pleasure of experiencing the stench of 1,000 cigarette butts. Spoiler alert: It’s worse than you imagine. Much, much worse. This is the story of why I did it. Our Beaches Are Drowning in Cigarette Butts It all started with articles about the impact of plastic straw pollution. They are the seventh most common trash item found on our beaches and got so much attention that within a few months they started getting banned all over the world. You know what doesn’t get that much attention, though? Another trash item, so ubiquitous we tend to overlook it, even though we step on it 100 times a day. A trash item made from cellulose acetate that decomposes into microplastic particles. Yes, I’m talking about cigarette butts . Because they’re so tiny, we tend to believe they’re not litter, and that this one small ci...

New webinars engage the marketplace on responsible forest sourcing

GreenBlue is challenging companies throughout the United States and Canada to change their thinking about sustainable sourcing. from Latest Items from TreeHugger https://ift.tt/2SsYPbr https://ift.tt/2BSDrHt