Skip to main content

We Earthlings: Don’t Be a Hoarder, Reduce Food Waste

Did you know that Americans waste more than 40% of the food produced annually? And stockpiling food, as many have done during the pandemic, often results in more food wasted. Don’t be a hoarder; buy only foods that you are sure you will use.

Find tips about how to reduce food waste during the pandemic: Here’s What to Do Instead of Stockpiling Food During Coronavirus

Print or share We Earthling posters to inspire others with your stories.

Don't be a hoarder, reduce.

You Might Also Like…

The post We Earthlings: Don’t Be a Hoarder, Reduce Food Waste appeared first on Earth 911.



from Earth 911 https://ift.tt/2OgYIAg https://ift.tt/32bCiZn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Collected 1,000 Cigarette Butts

I never smoked. I guess it’s because of the smell, the sickly scent that lingers on your clothes and hair long after you’re done with a cigarette. Last week, I had the doubtful pleasure of experiencing the stench of 1,000 cigarette butts. Spoiler alert: It’s worse than you imagine. Much, much worse. This is the story of why I did it. Our Beaches Are Drowning in Cigarette Butts It all started with articles about the impact of plastic straw pollution. They are the seventh most common trash item found on our beaches and got so much attention that within a few months they started getting banned all over the world. You know what doesn’t get that much attention, though? Another trash item, so ubiquitous we tend to overlook it, even though we step on it 100 times a day. A trash item made from cellulose acetate that decomposes into microplastic particles. Yes, I’m talking about cigarette butts . Because they’re so tiny, we tend to believe they’re not litter, and that this one small ci...

How to tar paper your roof

Tar paper is made from paper pulp or cardboard impregnated by tar. It is widely used globally as an excellent water proofing agent for rooftops. More popularly known as roofing felt paper, it is usually applied on a roof before shingling it. This prevents The post How to tar paper your roof appeared first on Ecofriend . from Ecofriend https://ift.tt/2L48Qvy https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Photo: Beautiful young bull elk strikes a pose

Our photo of the day comes from Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming. from Latest Items from TreeHugger https://ift.tt/2F02JEK https://ift.tt/2EZOvDy